1. How do I activate my complimentary data bundle? 1. Turn on your device.
2. Wait for the We.Stream to connect to a local network.
3. Click on ‘More’ on your display.
4. Click on ‘My Account’.
5. Fill in your details and click on ‘Continue’.
6. Click on ‘Purchase Data Plan’.
7. Select your complimentary data bundle.
8. Your We.Stream is now ready to use, enjoy!
2. How do I purchase a data bundle? My Account is your personal We.Stream environment. In this personal environment you are able to purchase data plans.
When you have entered your personal or company details, you can buy data bundles directly via the We.Stream device. By clicking on ‘Purchase Data Plan’ in My Account, you will be shown our up-to-date offering of data bundles. Select the bundle you would like to buy and proceed. We offer payment options via credit card and PayPal. After your order, your new data bundle is directly available.
You can also add data bundles by clicking the ‘Top up’ button at the top menu op the We.Stream website.
3. How do I activate the VPN (Secure mode)? We.Stream offers a built-in security layer, which we call Secure Mode (VPN).
Our Secure Mode works with the We.Stream Cloud SIM, but also with local SIM-cards. Secure Mode encrypts all of your internet traffic by creating a VPN tunnel to one of our servers worldwide.
If you wish to use one of our servers, simply choose the server that is the closest to you. It’s also possible to connect for example to a North-American server while you’re in Europe, but keep in mind that this will increase latency and decrease bandwidth. After choosing a server, press the off/on button to enable Secure Mode and wait for it to connect.
It’s also possible to connect the We.Stream directly to your company network. Please contact your point of sale for more information and how to enable this functionality.
In both cases, a key symbol will appear at the top of the We.Stream display, which means Secure Mode is successfully set up and all your internet traffic is now encrypted.
4. How long does it take to fully charge the We.Stream? Approximately 7.5 hours. So when you are on a trip, we advice you to charge your decive during each night.
5. How long can my We.Stream work continuously? Approximately 15 hours with a fully charged battery. The powerbank can only be used when the We.Stream is charged above 30%.
6. How many WiFi devices can I connect to the We.Stream at the same time? Your We.Stream can support up to 5 devices at the same time.
7. How long does it take to connect to the internet once switched on? It depends on the local network conditions. Normally it will take up to 2 minutes. If you use the We.Stream for the first time in a country, it may take up to 5 minutes.
8. What should I do if the We.Stream stops responding? You can reboot the device by pushing the power button for a few seconds, and click the reboot button on the touch screen. For a hard reset, go in the We.Stream menu to ‘About’ and click on ‘Restory Factory Defaults’.
9. What are the prices of the We.Stream data plans? You can view the prices of our data bundles here.
10. How does the Unlimited (Plus) data bundle work? With the unlimited (Plus) bundle, you receive two (or five) GB of high-speed data each month. After two (or five) GB of usage per month, the speed decreases to a level where texting and emailing is still possible.
Do you want to use high-peed internet again? You can buy extra data bundles via the touchscreen and instantly enjoy high-speed internet. Or you can wait until the next month starts, when there will be two (or five) GB of high-speed internet available again.
11. Which countries are included in the data plans? More than 100 countries, including China, USA, Australia, Japan, Brazil and all of Europe. We have included all countries where people travel the most in the world. Countries are subject to change. You can always find the most recent overview of supported countries at our website www.we.stream. Please drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if the country of your preference is not included in the list. We are keen to support your inquiries and willing to look at alternative options to help you. However, our services and rates depend on the local availability of networks.
12. After I have purchased a new data plan, when will it be available? The new data plan will be processed directly after a succesfull payment. The new plan will be activated (automatically) when you have finished your current data plan. At that moment the 30 days period of your new bundle starts.
13. What internet speed does the We.Stream offer? We.Stream offers high-speed internet, up to 150 mbps. The speed depends on the strength of the local network.
14. Which payment methods are supported when adding a data bundle? You can add data bundles easily with your Credit card and PayPal account. A PayPal account is required to finish a payment successfully. If you don’t have a PayPal account yet; you can easily create an account during the order process.
15. Does We.Stream come with a monthly subscription? No. All prices are one off prices. You won’t be surprised by any monthly costs. We don’t want to lock-in our customers, so we offer you maximum flexibility. You can even use your own SIM cards.
17. How to use a physical (local) SIM-card with the We.Stream? Start by inserting a local SIM-card in one of your We.Stream’s SIM-slots and click on ‘SIM Manager’ in the main menu. In the menu that pops up, click on the corresponding SIM-slot. In most cases, this is all you have to do to get started with a local SIM-card.
Sometimes, the standard APN settings We.Stream receives from the local SIM-card are not correct, resulting in no internet connection. If this is the case, go to ‘My local SIM’ in the main menu. In the menu that pops up, click on ‘Data connection’ and ‘Access point names’ in the following menu. You will now see a list of standard APN’s. If the right APN is not in this list yet, click on the + symbol in the top right hand corner. Pick a name for the APN profile at ‘Name’, insert the right APN at ‘APN’ and if required, insert the username and password at the corresponding fields. All other fields do not have to be filled in. Once you’re done, click on the menu button at the top right hand corner and click on ‘Save’. Don’t forget to activate the APN profile by clicking on the selection field. If all settings are correct, your We.Stream should now connect to the network of the local provider.
18. How does the We.Stream perform in China? The device works also in China. However, in some parts of China, the Chinese government is blocking some content and apps like Facebook and Whatsapp. Unfortunately, we have no influence on these kind of regulations. This also applies to the VPN-functionality in China.
More information about this topic on Techcrunch: https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/25/whatsapp-blocked-in-china/